P-ISSN: 2788-9289, E-ISSN: 2788-9297
Printed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal

South Asian Journal of Agricultural Sciences

2022, Vol. 2, Issue 2, Part A

Business performance of women self-help groups under Godhan Nyay Yojna in model Gothan Bancharoda, Raipur district of Chhattisgarh.


Author(s): Kishor Kumar, Sanjay Kumar Joshi, Suryprakash Sahu and Mahendra Chandrakar

Abstract: The present study was conducted in Model Gothan Bancharoda Raipur district of Chhattisgarh, to know the business performance four women self-help group was selected purposively from the arrange block of Raipur district. Godhan Nyay Yojana is the scheme recently launched on 20 July 2020, on the occasion of Hareli, the first festival of the state by the Chhattisgarh Government. This scheme aims at boosting the rural economy by procuring cow dung. The primary data was collected in the economic year 2021-22 from sampled households through personal interview method. The field survey it was observed that maximum 71 percent members belonged to the age group of 35-45 years, Literacy Level of the Respondents was observed that 2 percent Respondents were illiterate and 98 per cent of Respondents are Literate and 98 per cent of members were married and remaining 2 per cent members of SHG were found widowed. The identified products was are cow dung Diya, cow dung Gamla, Organic soap, Cow dung Crockery Vermi Compost, Agnastra, Nimastra, Bramhastra, Dashparni ark. Total returns per year per product was observed Rs. 84000, 65,000, Rs. 3,14,300, Rs. 5168, Rs.6089, Rs.6089 and 6281 Rs respectively. On an average the benefit – cost ratio of Products (Diya, Gamla, Vermi Compost, Agnastra, Nimastra, Bramhastra and Dashparni ark) came to 1:1.16, 1:1.20, 1:1.45, 1:3.5, 1:3.5, and 1:3.6 respectively. Women's SHG made a total net profit of Rs. 4, 86, 927 per year from the various products.

Pages: 29-35 | Views: 61 | Downloads: 40

Download Full Article: Click Here
How to cite this article:
Kishor Kumar, Sanjay Kumar Joshi, Suryprakash Sahu, Mahendra Chandrakar. Business performance of women self-help groups under Godhan Nyay Yojna in model Gothan Bancharoda, Raipur district of Chhattisgarh.. South Asian J Agric Sci 2022;2(2):29-35.
South Asian Journal of Agricultural Sciences